At the Junior Beta Club Convention in Nashville, the following MCS students received recognition:
- Isaac Dagley, Petros-Joyner, Division 2 Science -- 4th place
- Hunter Strutton, Petros-Joyner, Recyclable Art -- 5th place
- Madison Hamby, Central Middle, Wreath Competition - 3rd place
- Central Middle School team in Battle of the Books -- 3rd place
- Members: Kaitlyn Carroll, Isaiah Hamby, & Jacob Ralston
- Oakdale School Group Talent -- 3rd place
- Members: Olivia Chapman, Darby Francis, Jess Langley, Stone Stewart, & Cole Tilson
Congratulations to these students who received 1st place in the Morgan County Regional 4-H Speech Contest!
- Caroline Mayo, Petros-Joyner 4th grade
- Samuel Howard, Wartburg Central Middle 6th grade
- Darby Francis, Oakdale School 7th grade
Chloe Collin's (Oakdale) poster placed 2nd in the nation for the K-1 category in the 2013 Poster Contest for the National Association of Conservation Districts. Chloe's poster won the TN competition earlier this year and advanced to this national competition. The theme of the contest was "Where Does Your Water Shed?" Congratulations, Chloe!
Grace Daniel, 5th grade Sunbright, and Hannah Nelson, 5th grade Oakdale, have won Honorable Mention for their grade level in the 2014 Letters About Literature contest. Their entries were in the top ten of 388 entries submitted state-wide, and will advance to the next round of judging. Congratulations to Grace and Hannah!
Congratulations to these Oakdale students for placing in FBLA Region 7 competition at RSCC:
- Rebecca Townsend - 1st place Personal Finance
- Nicole Mcgill - 1st place Word Processing
- Sierra Snow, Katie Schubert, Aaron Powers - 1st place in Sports and Entertainment Management
- Angel Filyaw - 2nd place Computer Applications
- Autumn Monkhouse - 4th place Word Processing
Congratulations to these Coalfield students for placing in FBLA Region 7 competition at RSCC:
Paige Supeck, 7th grade Petros-Joyner, and Piper Chausse, 8th grade Coalfield, have just won Honorable Mention in the 2014 Letters About Literature contest. Their two entries were in the top ten of 713 entries in their age group submitted from across the state, and they will advance to the next level of judging. Congratulations, girls!
- Jason Lee - 4th place Business Law
- Alison Staten - 2nd place Business Math
- Grace Hensley - 5th place Business Math
- Jamie Bradshaw - 1st place Computer Applications
- Anjelica Lemons - 3rd place Computer Applications
- James Lee - 3rd place Computer Problem Solving
- Bailey Carter - 4th place Computer Problem Solving
- Kaylah Mullins - 5th place Computer Problem Solving
- Josh Lowe - 3rd place Intro to Parliamentary Procedures